New wildlife at Imagekind


2 very different animals are now availiable as prints at my Imagekindshop.

From Australia, the charming koalabear. Drawn in graphite on smooth watercolorpaper this artwork is detailed, but yet with an almost painterly look. Focus is on the animal and the tree he sits in, background is added in a blurred manner.

From Africa, a Grants zebra. A very colorful zebra painted in watercolors. The white background gives this artwork a stylish and modern look.

Anyone who loves wildlife, and in particular these animals, will be satisfied with these art prints.

Why did I draw and paint these animals;

Firstly, the Koala-bear is a competition winner from my comp.: Your favorite animal. I simply asked people reading my blog, facebook, newsletter or homepage, what their favorite animal are. I got very different replies, and chose this cute animal.

I really loved to draw him. To make the fur look just as soft and nice and his face so cute. Also getting the textures of the tree right, and add a background, that was looking good, but not too important.

I love zebras. They are so beautiful with their stribes, manes and small hoves. I wanted to do a more modern looking painting, and as I love animals (maybe you noticed), I thought this could be a fine mix. A zebra, but painted in exceptionel colors and placed on the white background.

It was a thrill to paint. Watercolors can be a bit unforgiven, but it worked fine.

Hope you like them too ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lene. your Koala is so gorgeous. Looks so soft and very very realistic.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks