Tip: Keeping filecards


As my body of work grew, I really wanted a system to keep track of all the drawings and paintings I had produced, those that are a succesfull piece of artwork, that is.

I used to have lists on my computer but this system of "old-fashioned" filecards are so easy to make, maintain and very manageable, it excells all my earlier types of lists.

On the computer, I have made a template with 2 filecards on each. I print on heavy card.
 The writing as you can see above, and then I place a thumbnail of the artwork in top right side. Once in my box on my shelf, it is so easy to flip through the files that are sat in alfabethic order.

All the writing beside the headlines, I do by hand, as I sometimes have to alter or erase information.

Especially I find it quick to track info about competitions and shows the piece was entered into, but also size, paper etc. when someone ask that information.

I found a suitable small box originally meant to hold recipies, and now it is so easy to keep track of things :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a really great idea Lene. I am so disorganised I have information all over the place. I really must do better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you try it out. I too, get disorganised and it's nice to have this easy approachable information right at your hands ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks