Realism, Photorealism and Hyperrealism

I knew about realism and photorealism in drawing and painting.

I have just heard about hyperrealism - sorry, if I am falling behind ;) - and I found the gallery of this guy - Denis Peterson. Its just amazing, how can he paint like that?!
Also take a look at this racehorse, you do read twice, to be sure he did not say it is a photo. Nope: gouache and watercolor...

Anyway, I think I'll stick to realism, then try to reach photorealism in time - once in a while. The hyperrealism looks like aiming too high in my vision

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree, the work is amazing especially so that he uses acrylics. How does he get the skin so smooth, is my question. I have seen this type of work before and it's always awesome to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Barbara, yes it is amazing. I also wonder how much time is spend painting such a painting :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks