He's my favorite - wip - finished


Here is the finished oilpastel painting "He's my favorite".

40 x 50 cm on Canson Mi-tentes.

The composition is a mix from references, the wonderful Jutland horse, I saw at an agricultural-fair this summer. The small girl is my daughter.

My intention was to create a painting with strong contrasts, the contrast of size between the horse and the girl, and the contrast of colors, orange/reds against green.
I also wanted to emphazise the connection between animal and child in a warm and sweet manner.
The title referring to the childs feelings about her familys wonderful Jutland horse.

(This is a photo and the colors are slightly dulled compared to the original. My scan got way too red, so this is better).

2 comments:

  1. Love this Lene, the strong contrasts work really well,not just in size but colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks