Review of 2021 - and looking into 2022


Each year around this time, I like to take a look back into the year that passed and see what actually happend. What did I achieve, did I reach my goals and also what to wish for, dream about and espcially work for in 2022.

My motto for 2021 was Just Do it. 
This means letting go of doubt. Just go ahead and work for it. 
What I did was enroll and commit into 2 large courses on-line (not at the same time!)

I took the 3 month long Art2Life with Nicholas Winton in spring. The course is all about the creation of art. Huge course, with so much to learn. Also overwhelming. 
Late spring I started 1 year long The Artist Incubator with Miriam Schulman. All about starting an Art business. So much to learn and Act on. 
Both courses has given me so much in different areas. The latter still open. Goal: take me to my life of a living a Drawing business.

Stay focused
Late this year after a couple of other ideas, I came up with a Wheel of the Year. My challenge is, I get distracted and swift focus so easily. With this Wheel I want to stay focused on one project each month. It can be longer for a project, but not shorter. I can add small projects into a given month too. I really believe this wheel will help me work in series which I find important.

More exhibitions
As we all know - covid changed that goal. Hopefully 2022 will be better.

Make a calender
Again this year, I must admit I failed on this one. I hope my Wheel will be a help here.

Work in series
I did work some series (but not 12 pieces !) The Encounter serie is 6 paintings, and Funky Vases series so far 8 paintings will be finished soon.

New ink-dogs
I just did one of a Great Dane. More to come in 2022 as I love doing them.

Biggest challenge: The courses !! So much energy to spend. But in a good way of cause.

Best Succes in 2021: Sold 5 originals

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My motto for 2022 is Take Action

Use my Wheel of the Year
= stay focused and draw/paint in series - perhaps it will eventually make me a calendar.

New ink-dogs
I want to expand my Doggyshops with more ink-dogs. I love drawing them.

Pastels
Return to pastels - I wanna do pastel/pencils again.

Drawing business in 2022-23
My goal is a succesful fulltime business. This could include Art licensing, Selling art online and on exhibitions and shows, Having my own shop in real life.

Grow my email list
... so if you read this - please join and get first notice on my work, great offers and more 

Licensing
As part of a drawing business I think licensing will be a great thing. It will be a mouthfull searching out agents/companies but also WHAT to show them.

More exhibitions and shows
Hopefully 2022 this will be possible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name in comments, thanks