100HeadsChallenge - 1


I decided to try to follow this #100headschallenge Link - the goal is to draw 10 heads a day for 10 days in a row - a total of 100 heads. Well, I am already a little behind as I started yesterday, but I will try to keep up, to reach the 100 on day 10 !

I do this sketch challenge as I really want to see if there is a development in the sketches. I also want to practise drawing heads, without the pressure of doing a "finished, realistic portrait".

I do very little sketching at all, but I actually want to. Sketching can be done in order to make a larger and more finished drawing/painting. But a sketch can be a small, and very lively drawing, done and excisting only for its own value - and whenever you draw anything you practise skills ;)

I used pencil and ink-pen for the above sketches. They are a mix of lightly sketching realism in pencil, doing contour-drawing in inkpen(follow the contour with your eyes, and draw at the same time), and a more sketchy style in inkpen. All done a bit quickly.
From this challenge I also hope to find my favorite practise of sketching.

The pictures for this challenge is listed as a Pinterest Board below the video on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name in comments, thanks