Bamboo Colors





"Bamboo colors" is my latest watercolor painting.
I am deeply fascinated by plants. I love flowers, but green plants, leaves, roots, seeds etc.
are just as interesting to me.
Bamboo is one of my favorite plants / grasses in the garden. And I love the impressive, large bamboo I can see on a visit to a Rainforest Zoo in my area.
As my "Banana Fantasia" motif "Bamboo Colors" is a mix of realism and expression. There are lots of colors in the plants when you look closely. I've used the colors I see quite freely.



3 comments:

  1. Makes an interesting composition Lene. The bamboo in my garden is very 'vigorous' so I frequently have to chop it back. It is a 'golden' stem variety so looks lovely in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this Lene, very delicately handled. I love the colours you have used. I also love bamboos but sadly don't have room in my small garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for looking and comments, Sue and Bev :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks