Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Dragonfly and waterlilly - wip



I am working on a new drawing. You can see my thumbnail at bottom on the ring-bound pad. When doing thumbnail(s) I play around with composition and sometimes values.

Next I scanned and printed the thumbnail (top right), but I found the composition was not as I wanted. This will be a stylized drawing, so I take my artistic freedom to make the flower quite large. I also cut out the dragonfly and moved him around. I finally decided to place him in the opposite side. So final sketch will be the drawing upper left (I think - sometimes I do change bits).

Now I will start transferring the sketch to my drawingpaper. I will draw freehand with just a simple cross of guidelines.


Lotus - Botanical Beauties - finished

Mit akvarelmaleri "Lotus" er færdigt. Serie: Botanical Beauties Jeg har nydt at male lotus blade, frøstande og blomster. Mot...