My annual review and thoughts about the last year and the year to come.
What was the best artistic experience in 2015?
- That Society6 selected quite a bit of my images to be in the Society6 Shop. This makes me really happy.
- Increased sales on Society6.com/doggyshop - makes me even more happy.
- A Diane Culhane on-line course. Exciting course even acrylic is not my no. 1. media.
- Trying out ink-pens for more than simple deco-illustrations.
Where did I succeed the most?
I had the most succes selling at Society6.com/doggyshop. I am very happy my dogdrawings are out there, on a variaty of items, that doglovers use and adore.
Where did things not turn out great?
- I am still wondering why 200+ people see my posting on FB about a competition, to win one of my prints – and only 2 people participate.. Think FB is not my print-market platform.
- Also no one participated in my competition for a Pin-up calendar, also wondering as my 2015 pin-up prints and calendar was quite popular. I will think of another kind of calender for next year.
- I could have done many more drawings/paintings in a whole year…I am trying to take more control via my calendar in order to be more productive and enjoying time with my drawing and painting supplies.
- My FB fan-troops are growing so slowly. I would like many more people see and know about my artwork. But I am grateful for you people, that follow.
- I think I have some nice stuff at society6.com/lenedaugaard, but sell close to nothing from there.
How about my goals predicted in 2014 for 2015?
- I did more work for usage in my Society6 shops. Both for doggyshop and lenedaugaard shop.
- I did make a calendar – the Pin-up 2016 calendar
- I did not go to any fair or market with my stuff – a goal I will bring into 2016 and hopefully join in some 2016 events
- My Society6 shops grew – and the Doggyshop is most successfull.
- I did set up my DK-shop with t-shirts with dogs for sale (mydoggyshop.blogspot.dk), but didn’t sell much. All in all it seems I have much more succes abroad than in DK. I don’t know why
Where do I feel I grew as an artist?
- I did some more complicated ink-drawings and felt very happy with both the process and the result. I will do more inkdrawings in the future.
- I think I did some quite charming placement designs. And I really enjoy putting my simple ink-drawings into patterns.
- My best abstract paintings so far - came from following the Diane Culhane course
"Flowers and stribes" - 2
"Nature shapes" 2
What piece of art took the most hours to finish?
”Sunshine days – Teen years” in colored pencils.
Where did I do something new?
- Inkdrawings mentioned above.
- Diane Culhane course methods of acrylic abstract painting
Made any series ?
3-4 series, but not very large. Which is typical of my Scanner personality (from my last review: ”Reading “Refuse to choose” by Barbara Sher was especially helpful regarding my artwork, as it made me realize that my personality as a
“scanner” (Shers definition) makes it difficult, to choose one direction with my work.”
But – trying to dig more into my trouble with this, I hope to develop series more in 2016.
How about shows/exhibitions?
3 exhibitions and 3 competitions.
I hope to join markets in 2016 and some exhibitions with Stiplet artgroup. I am still a bit uncertain about competitions. It will not be my key-focus.
And any competitions held by me?
Yes, several. But participation was quite dissapointing. My auction was the better one – held at Doggyshop.dk on FB.
What will I quit?
I will give my site mydoggyshop.blogspot.dk a chance to grow this year. If nothing happens there – as to selling stuff – I might give it up later in 2016.
As mentioned above my own competitions seems to lack interest, even I might try the auction type again. But I love to have competitions, so …. I’ll see
What will I like to do more of? What is to be goals and what will I focus on in 2016?
- I will continue having my 3 society6 shops, but my main focus is on Doggyshop, which is the most popular.
- I will try much harder, to do series. I mean series of 10-15 pictures in a Theme. If I succeed, I will try to exhibit more.
- I want to develop more ”story-telling” compositions
- I also want to do more paintings including females.
You can meet me here: