The three chameleons




Here is the image I have been working on using the new techniques from Bet Borgesons on-line course.

This artwork contains from 2-4 layers of colors and juxaposing colors - both new ways of working to me.
The motif is also much more illustrative and all-over-pattern designed, compared to my other cp-paintings and drawings.

The motif itself is composed from my imagination, starting with the small thumbnail. I would like to show a junglescenery and applied the drama-story - yet humorous - of the 3 chameleons all observing the same butterfly.

I did a jungle-scenery in cp before, don't think I posted in on the blog. A more realistic rendering, and much more layering, also intended to show a little drama-story: "Silent meeting". The creatures are gechoes.



6 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having a great time with the class and the new techniques. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jeanne - yes, great fun even learning new methods can also be hard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lene, I love the geckos very much the colours are really nice and complement each other beautifully. I also like the Chameleons, such a fun drawing, it would make a lovely book illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pieces Lene...great colours and design.....I have read a few of BB books and like her way of working with CPs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Vic :)
    I like BB's books too, and just love her paintings. Her on-line courses are great, especially her 2 indepth critiques are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks