Project: A drawing a day

A drawing a day - this very popular project has been interesting me for ... actually years. I tried to do it before, but didn't make it through - at all.

I've now taken on the small project of "Drawing an simple-line-ink-flower a day" for 14 days.
Wham !!- not 30 days or 1 year projects as many do. I have to take a small step :) I also find I have to be very specific in what to draw. Otherwise I kind of sway off and can't keep focus.

And then the technique. No sketchy, seeking, small-stroke lines, as often used in sketching - perhaps mostly in graphite. I want a pure, simple ink-line. Now pure and simple sounds easy. Not so. Don't make mistakes, cause you cannot erase ink. But the case is - I adore this kind of drawings...and a little skewness is lovely.

I look at my reference-photo beside me and then - draw :)

Here is my first one, "Lilly" #1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name in comments, thanks