Watercolorpainting mounted on canvas



This is a watercolorportrait on paper, glued onto canvas (this could also be placed in frame without glass). 

The paper is treated with fixing and varnish to protect against dust and light. Even so, the painting should not hang in direct sunlight (no picture or print should do that).

..................................

DK:
Således ser det ud, når et akvarelportræt på papir er limet op på lærred (her uden svæveramme, som billedet evt. kan monteres i).

Papiret er behandlet med fixer og fernis som beskyttelse mod støv og lys. Alligevel bør billedet ikke hænge i direkte sollys (det bør ingen slags billeder eller print).

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're certainly a busy lady Lene ... so many ideas and great paintings!

    Do you think the unglazed pictures like this are/will be more popular? They are certainly more contemporary looking aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, many ideas .. not as busy as I would like to be ;)

    I think this kind of hanging pictures has some advantages.

    For me, I get rid of the glassframe and mat work. Mostly the problem is when a paintings size does not fit into readymade mats - I can cut mats myself, but I find it a bit troublesome even with expensive tools - and then the weight and glass-fragility when shipping. I never had my work framed from a frameshop, as it cost way to much, I think.

    Of cause the artwork, has to fit the canvas (you can cut the image down of cause), but there are lots of sizes of canvas compared to precut mats, and even a large canvas, is much more lightweight than the frames with glass.

    Many people seem to find glassframing oldfashioned, and this style more contemporary as you also think.

    This canvas can be put into a frame for canvas' without much trouble, for a ... well .. more framed look :)

    Of cause this will not work with graphite and pastelwork. But I've read coloredpencil work can be treated like this too.

    For some motifs I like this hanging, but not for all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole Caulfield (a wonderful cp artist) wrote a Blog Post explaining how she varnishes/glazes some of her cp works - interesting reading but I haven't tried it myself yet :-)

    http://nicolecaulfieldfineart.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/framing-colored-pencil-without-glass.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks