what I've been up to lately


Sorry to say I have no new large updates yet. I am working though; I follow an on-line course with Bet Borgeson, cp-artist.


Working in BB's method is very different than what I am used to. A lot of the learned I can use with pleasure, and some I cannot adopt. That's not strange when trying new ways of working. I'll put some of this work up here later.
Not to leave this as only text, heres a square of one of my coursedrawings ;)
Besides working in new techniques, the motifs differs too, being more illustrative/imaginative. Great fun!


This also means that my "Gentle Giants" of irish wolfhounds are waiting again. But not forgotten at all.



Forgotten is instead the papillon-drawing, as the commission simply didn't turn out with the customer. This is the first time it has happend to me, but it sure hit me hard. Well, no time for whining, and I did get wiser when taking commissions - if ever again.



7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the Papillon Lene - did you actually finish it? If not, perhaps you should and use it as a sample on your portfolio. The early stages looked wonderful to me.

    Your cp course sounds interesting. There are so many pencils/techniques/papers around that its good to try different things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sue, no, the papillon is not finished, due to a lot of trouble. Yes, the cp course is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lene, Glad your having fun trying out new techniques. I have been absent from drawing lately. Too many things to do in the garden etc and I am too tired to get drawing done. Plus I noticed I need new glasses again as I am not able to see detail very well right now.
    Sorry about your commission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Maria - I do see from the photos on your blog, that you have a lovely garden :) wonderful shots

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BB's work and It's always a challenge to try out different techniques. You stepped out of your comfort zone. good for you Lene.

    Look forward to seeing new work.
    I am always in awe of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there. I just wanted to tell you how stunning your work is. I have just been trawling your blog and have been blown away at the beauty of every piece. I shall be sure to visit your blog regularly to see your next masterpiece unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Dors - you bet it is a new challenge - but fun :) BB's work is outstanding.
    RLT - you are too kind - thank you so much, hope to see you around :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks