Pastel paper test

I have several kinds of pastel papers and wanted to make tests on them.
Just for my own reference, and for both pastels and colored pencils.
I will share it with you though, but please bare in mind, that I have just made small quick tests on each paper involved.
To really test supports, you have to make several finished pieces of artwork, and I did that before on some of the papers. This makes my tests on: Velourpaper, Pastelmat, Fabriane Tiziano and Ingress more proven. But anyway, this test indicates how I feel about all the papers.

The supports I have tested so far are;

Fisher 400
Pastelmat from Clairfontaine
Velourpaper
Pastelcard from Sennelier
more to come includes:
Fabriano Tiziano
Canson Ingres
Colorfix Art spectrum
and others


Link to test.
Each paper/support has its own page.
Horizional you read the media tested (pastelpencils, soft pastels etc.), and on the vertical are the category of questions.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lene
    I find your 'paper test' results interesting as I have been doing similar trials myself - but not in such an organised fashion as you!

    I have definite favourites for use with pastels but, like you, I'm struggling with the sanded papers and cps (despite reading other artists' glowing reports). I still find cps work better for me on Fabriano Artistico or drafting film - ie, non-sanded surfaces ... but more practice/testing needed I think. I'll follow your research with much interest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I'm glad you like to read my tests :) of cause we all have our individual likes/dislikes. As you also mention some cp-artists love sanded papers. I do like Colorfix and cp though - so its down to specific papers, and not just "sanded as a group". I tried the very smooth film, that also some cp artists love - I disliked it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name in comments, thanks