2009 - review



I had a plan for my artistic journey 2009. Some goals was achieved, and some was not.

Starting with the positive achievements.

January: my drawing "Grand Danios" was the Editors choise at Mike Sibleys Starving Artist. A site where I have a gallery. (I cannot link directly, you have to find my name in the index).

March: my drawing "German Shephard" was given a 6.th place at PictureDraws monthly portrait competition.

May: My drawing "Black cocker Spaniel" was selected to be in the dog-art book: Great Dogs, Amazing Artist by Jan Erinrac. Book. The book is for sale online, and includes lots of beautiful dog-art.

October: My colored pencil painting "Colorfull Pattern I - Zebra" was juried into the UKCPS 8. annual Open International exhibition 2009. Exhibited at the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists.

December: I sold 2 original paintings at the Art-associations membershow.
I am very proud of the results in the above events.
One of my goals for 2009 was to enter shows, online or in RL.

All in all I send artwork to 12 shows. I am happy with the results, even one specific competion didn't pay off as I hoped. Not that I ever feel sure when participating. Anyway. I've been juried into the ArtHorse Magazine Art Exe competiton 2 years in a row. But not this year. The winners (drawings) are wonderful as usual.
My entrys was "Grazing Days", "Blue Ribbon" and "Painted - western style".


Most of the shows was/are on-line shows. In the UKCPS' show and Art-associations-show the art hangs in a gallery. One of my goals was to approach more of these shows, but I do not find many opportunities in my area. I just found out about this Art-association in 2009, so I'll be aware for 2010 and try it once again.

Also a goal hence the above, was to create more of series of work. I did paint 2 new in my "Eyes of the wilderness" serie, and a small-size abstract ink-serie named Tinkytot.

I also did the 2 first in the "Chameleon"-serie, and as one is sold, more paintings are high on my list.
I also started my "Colorfull Pattern" serie, and the first did so well, it's high on my list to continue as well.

Even so, I feel I must stay more focused on the series. I ended up with 27 finished artworks this year.

Another of my 2009 goals was to try out acrylics, and do more in pastels. Also try something completely new: abstract painting and pip-ups.
I had great fun doing all of these 4 challenges, I only wish I had done more.

I still need to stay more at the drawing-table. I love my drawingtime, but the computer are still the main distraction. Have to bee even more clever to limit time there.


I also had a sketchbook on my goallist, but even I went on a couple of sketchingtours, I did not hang on to a regular sketchbook. I have my little book for ideas and thumbs though.


In december 2008 I wrote about goals for 2009. One thing I certainly have learned from 2009 - it is great to write a more fullfilling list of goals, but writing it, and then drop it in the shelf is not the way to get organized for me.


One thing I did here early on in 2010 was to expand my printgallery and gather the prints for sale at imagekind, directed from my shop-page. I will also be putting originals for sale, but thats to come later.


The goals for 2010 will be on my drawing-table. Hopefully I will remember to check it now and then to see if I'm on track.
I hope you all have a great and fruitfull artistic 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name in comments, thanks