German Shephard - Pastels WIP

The cp-painting I mentioned in my last thread has to wait to be shown untill the competition deadline arrives...
I'll then show some steps of my pastelpainting of a German Shephard. It is on 21x30 cm Ingres paper. I took photos of this beautiful dog at a competition held by a Danish Dogmagazine, looking to find Denmarks most cute dog. I got several good photos that day as the weather was so fine. I had my own dog with me, but after standing in line a very long time, she was sooooo tired when we reached the judgdes. Still - my favorite of cause... I have included a photo of her too ;) - she is a norwegian buhund, 12 years old and named Björka.


For my painting I use both pastelpencils and hard pastels. I pay much attention to the eyes in a portrait. They have to look very lively. After this stage, I found I had to correct the left eye (our view).



I have applied some of the pastel with a brush, new technique for me.
This is how far I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name in comments, thanks